Istron Bay: A gastronomical experience in Agios Nikolaos, Creta
Istron Bay is synonymous with traditional Cretan cuisine and the modern Mediterranean diet. Here, in Agios Nikolaos, and more specifically Istron Bay, is the birthplace of the national campaign to re-introduce Greek cuisine!
The basis of all gastronomical suggestions is, of course, traditional Cretan cuisine. These include delicious local recipes as well as dishes inspired by modern Greek cuisine. The food, the flavours, the textures: magic!
Istron Bay offers a great opportunity to get acquainted with the healthy Cretan cuisine and learn more about local recipes so you can then try them out at home. This gastronomical journey starts here in Agios Nikolaos and includes:
- Botanical walk and picnic
- A variety of cooking classes such as:
- “The Great Buffet : a gastronomical introduction to Cretan cuisine”
- An introduction to local herbs
- Wine tasting
- Olive oil: How to make dips with olive oil!
- Byzantine dinner
- Nikos Kazatzakis’ favourite dishes